- By admin
- September 1, 2016
- Comments Off on The Britton Fund Ride: San Diego
The 10th Annual Britton Fund Ride will take place on May 8, 2017 in San Diego, CA. Our event will start at Paradise Point Resort and go for 30, 60, or 90 miles to help us increase research and education in tree care. The ride includes a tree planting and ceremony at a local elementary school, led by arborist entertainment/advocate group, TreeCircus.
We’re offering an extended 3-day ride this year! We’ll be at the Ayres Hotel in Alpine Friday night May 6th and Saturday night May 7th. Routes through the Alpine mountain district to be determined for Saturday and Sunday. Lodging will be paid for by the Britton Fund, food will be covered by the riders. Drive to Paradise Point Sunday evening for our pre-ride dinner and meeting. The fundraising minimum for this 3-day option is $1500.
Can’t make the ride? Sponsor it instead and get your logo on the jersey! Read more here.
Watch a recap of last year’s ride:
Here’s what past riders have said:
- It was incredibly fun! Great group of people, very easy going, good food, we raised so much money – very successful and rewarding experience.
- Lots of great people I would probably not have had a chance to get to know otherwise. Beautiful setting. Wonderful support from SAG. The choice of length of ride was really important to many people I spoke to.
- You’re riding for a great cause and it was inspiring to me all the donations I received from residents who wanted to support tree research.
- A complicated way of having fun and feeling good about the world. Camaraderie is HUGE. Personal challenge is a driving, but daunting, force. I guarantee participating in The Britton Fund Ride will be a personal uplifting, invigorating experience for YOU!!