14th Annual Britton Fund Ride
Avenue of the Giants Redwood Tour May 17, 2021
Your support of a Britton Fund Ride cyclist will make a significant difference in the well-being of our Urban Forest and help to raise funds for tree research in the Western region.
In May of 2021 we will be following Tour of the Unknown Coast’s Avenue of the Giants route. The route begins in Eel River Valley (Ferndale) then cross a bridge over the South Fork of the Eel River and continue to follow the Avenue of the Giants to the turnaround point just before reaching Phillipsville. If the situation requires, a virtual ride format will be adopted.
Riders will raise a minimum of $600.00 to help us increase research and education in tree care. The ride includes a tree planting and ceremony at a local elementary school, led by arborist entertainment/advocate group, TreeCircus.
Riders receive no compensation for their volunteer efforts and are dedicated to maximizing the funds we are able to invest in the mission of The Britton Fund, Inc.
Visit our Crowdrise site to register as a rider.
Here’s what past riders have said:
- It was incredibly fun! Great group of people, very easy going, good food, we raised so much money – very successful and rewarding experience.
- Lots of great people I would probably not have had a chance to get to know otherwise. Beautiful setting. Wonderful support from SAG. The choice of length of ride was really important to many people I spoke to.
- You’re riding for a great cause and it was inspiring to me all the donations I received from residents who wanted to support tree research.
- A complicated way of having fun and feeling good about the world. Camaraderie is HUGE. Personal challenge is a driving, but daunting, force. I guarantee participating in The Britton Fund Ride will be a personal uplifting, invigorating experience for YOU!!
- General event questions, sponsorship and volunteer registration, or to make a payment by check, email Rose Epperson
- Cycling and route questions, email Doug Anderson
SUPPORT THE RIDE
Thanks to 2021 Corporate Sponsors
- Anderson’s Tree Care Specialists, Inc.
- A Plus Tree Care
- Monarch Consulting Arborists
- West Coast Arborists, Inc.
- Mann Made Associates
- California Tree & Landscape Consulting
- HortScience | Bartlett Consulting
- Maplehill Tree Service
- Epicenter Management
- Gerber Kawasaki
- HUB International
- Mellinger Consulting
- Shigo & Trees