Thanks to the philanthropic support of WCISA members, industry partners, private and public donors, The Britton Fund awards research grants, sponsors workshops, publishes, and underwrites educational programs with emphasis on issues inherent to the geographic area of California, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii.
Research outcomes are shared online and through publications, seminars, and conferences.
The Britton Fund provides support to the following:
- Technical Information Sheets – free downloads
- Tree Species Failure Profiles
- Botany for Arborists by Jim Downer, Matt Ritter, Ed Bobich, Bruce Hagen, Linda Chalker-Scott, Kevin T. Smith, and Igor Lacan.
- The Biology and Management of Landscape Palms by Donald R. Hodel
- Reducing Infrastructure Damage by Tree Roots: A Compendium of Strategies
- Oaks in the Urban Landscape by Larry Costello, Bruce Hagen and Katherine Jones
- Decay Fungi of Oaks and Associated Hardwoods for Western Arborists by Jessie A. Glaeser and Kevin T. Smith
- Tree Care for Wildlife BMP – 2nd Edition by Corey Bassett, Kara Donahue and Ryan Gilpin
- Treetures Join The TreeCircus Coloring Book by Judith Blau
- Treetures – Professor Arbor E. Tum & Vinca Vinestein
- Golden Gate Audubon Society Booklet Printing
- California Arbor Week Tour
Stay on top of the news. Read about recent and current Research Projects underway!
RFP underway! The Britton Fund is proud to announce a request for proposals for its 2023-2024 Research Awards Program. January 31, 2024, is the submission deadline for pre-proposals. Detailed guidelines for developing comprehensive proposals can be found on The Britton Fund’s research webpage.