These ten free Technical Informational Sheets, created by Helen Stone and Dr. James Downer, cover topics of interest and importance to arborists in the WCISA region and beyond. Click on the titles below to download each PDF or download the complete set here.
1. Managing Trees During Drought and Water Restrictions
2. Maximizing Benefits of Trees in Hot Climates
4. Planting and Early Care of Trees
5. Improving Soil Conditions Around Existing Trees
6. Managing Infrastructure Conflicts with Trees
8. Diagnosing and Rectifying Salt Toxicity\
9. Responsible Wood Waste Management
10. Trees, Water and Irrigation
New Resources in Development!
During the summer of 2022, The Britton Fund awarded new funding in the amount of $10,400.00 (over 2 years) to Dr. Linda Chalker-Scott to produce ten new Web-based Technical Information Sheets. Each TIS shall be 2-3 pages in length and include text, color photographs and line drawings as appropriate. A list of additional readings, with web site addresses, is to be included. The information provided shall be appropriate and useful for the professional arborist practicing in California, Hawai’i, Arizona, and Nevada. Dr. Chalker Scott has extensive experience in researching and writing peer-reviewed, science-based Extension fact sheets. Check back for these important resources for your personal and professional use.